Welcome

My name is Lisa Tsakos, Registered Holistic Nutritional Consultant, corporate speaker and author. This blog provides professional advice from a nutrition and weight loss expert (me!) about corporate and family health. Here you'll find recipes and articles that address work-related challenges like eating on-the-go and maximizing your productivity with the right foods. You'll also find out about how you can help your children develop strong immune systems and healthy bodies. As a nutrition instructor, I often found myself thinking, "When I have kids, this is how I will feed them." With two toddlers, I have the opportunity to practice what I have been preaching and to try out my theories. So far, they seem to be working! Follow me on my journey and also on Twitter @NuVitalityHW.

27 Apr 2014

Gourmet Olives Marinated in Thyme & Lemon Recipe

You've just returned home from a tiring day at work when there's a knock at the door. 

What do you do when guests drop by a surprise visit? Surprise them back with these gourmet olives. I don't have time to make gourmet-anything, you say? Check out how easy this recipe is: 

Ingredients: 

1/2 cup Kalamata olives 
1/4 tsp. dried thyme 
1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
1/4 tsp. lemon rind
extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling 

Place the olives in a bowl. 
Add the the thyme and rosemary and give them a stir (I like to add slightly more thyme than rosemary). 
Using a grater or microplane, grate a lemon (that has been scrubbed clean using hot water and soap first). Sprinkle the zest over the olives. 
Place the olives in a pretty serving bowl or dish, drizzle some good quality olive oil over top and serve. 

Your guests will be thoroughly impressed! 

Refrigerate any leftover olives for up to a week. You'll find the flavours intensify as they marinade. 


No comments:

Post a Comment